All numbers are written as follows:
- One thousand: 1,000
- Three point five: 3.5
- One million : „million“ or “m.”
- The Euro symbol before the number : € 1,300
- % directly after the number – no space in between: 25%
All dates are written as follows: 11 December 2018
Avoid “last year” or “recently”: give concrete date and year instead.
Please use British English:
- Start writing in Word to have the automatic spelling correction in British English.
- Word automatically selects English (USA). You can change this by defining the text as English Great Britain (Ctrl+A and language definition).
- British spelling:
- „Organisation“ or “amortisation”
- “Programme” (British)
- Equalling (British) / Fuelled (British) / Signalling
- CHP - combined heat and power (instead of cogeneration)
Assume your reader is a foreign reader:
- Instead of “Transelectrica”, say “The Transmission System Operator Transelectrica”
- Explain acronyms
- Be precise e.g.: use – if relevant- say Ministry of Energy instead of Government.
Harmonise the wording:
- RES plant means a big energy generation plant. For smaller PV installation, use PV-installation.
- We generally use the term “plant operator”. For PV installations, we use “operator of an installation”.
- Grid operator= if you refer to both TSOs and DSOs. If not, use Transmission System Operator (TSO) or Distribution System Operator (DSO).
- Wording regarding tax regulations:
- Tax allowance = tax-free income
- Tax credit: refund
- Reduced tax rate = is when you pay less tax on something